Wild Coast






























In the second week of September we went to the ocean with her for the first time, to the much loved, tamest section of our wild coast. On the drive out we stopped at Lake Crescent and did the Walk in Time trail through the woods by the lake. It had been raining on the drive, leaving the rainforest in vibrant green. I love this picture of her taking it all in.

We stayed at the Quileute motel on First beach this time, but hope to brave camping next spring (maybe even backpacking again!). Her first sight of the beach was First Beach (although, of course she can't focus nearly that far yet). Then we bundled her up in wool and drove to Rialto just in time for sunset. I grew up coming out here, visiting Rialto, 1st, 2nd and 3rd beaches every summer since I was 4 and it was perfect to take her to Rialto as her first beach.

She did really well with the trip and slept the whole drive out except for our planned stops. Her moods and cycles stayed the same as at home: mostly happy as long as she is in someone's arms, mostly quick to settle as long as she is bouncing. We offered her the pacifier the first night and she accepted with great enthusiasm. We had offered it before a few times, but she showed no interest.

My diaper bag, this one from Lilly Jade, was a present from my mom. She bought it for me long before I was even pregnant and surprised me with it in the second trimester. I never would have bought such a nice bag for myself, but I absolutely love it. Carrying something beautiful makes me feel put together when I'm not, and I love that it can be used as a purse long after the diapers are done. It joins the wedding blanket now for this and many more adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts