Dreams

 
 


There are so many bedtime stories available, and of course any book your child chooses can be a bedtime story, but these are my favorite right now. To me, a great bedtime book needs three things – a relaxing cadence, pretty pictures, and a sweet message.
Dream Animals – The animals that carry children to their dreams.  
Goodnight Moon – Not sure if anything needs to be said here, a classic that holds its place.
Time for Bed – This book is beautiful and sweet – I would put it in my top 5 that every child should have, hands down.
Snuggle Up, Sleepy Ones – Beautiful art, and the writing has a nice rhyming cadence except for one page that randomly does not rhyme. I just read the leopard page as “all tired leopard snores” instead of “all tired tangled paws” to rhyme, which may be confusing if we still read this when Keira is reading herself, but it works for now.
The Runaway Bunny – This isn’t written as a bedtime story, but it fits with tone and imagery. It was one of my bedtime stories growing up and is one for us now as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts