Thursday








K and I went for a 5.5 mile hike this morning with some friends and had a great time, but I am worn out. It only had a 500 foot elevation but I just don’t have the stamina back for hiking since I lapsed on fitness to work 50+ hour weeks while pregnant for a big project. I want to get back to the strength I used to have so we can enjoy more of the outdoors again, and really this means both Geoff and I need to be stronger than we used to be since there is now a 20lb person and her things to carry as well as what we need.
The three babies on the hike were so cute playing and working on snacks at the waterfall. K and others her age don’t really play together yet, it’s more of a coexistence, but they do sometimes try to steal each other’s snacks, or toys when we’re home. K enjoyed crawling around and getting absolutely caked with dirt.
The last picture is actually from this morning. We just set up her crib (found on craigslist, but originally from Ikea), last night with one wall down against my side of the bed. She really enjoyed playing in it before bed and even slept some of the night in it. This morning she scooted over towards me with her eyes still closed, started to crawl and I pulled her over and she snuggled in for more sleep.
This afternoon was the first time she walked holding hands instead of the walker toy, we went all around the front room and down the hall. She finally went down for the nap that is normally around 2-2:30 at 4pm. I am dusty and sticky from sunscreen and nectarine handprints, but it's nice just to sit for a little while and enjoy the breeze through the upstairs window.
She has a first curl! It’s a tiny little thing, on the left side in the back. I wonder how curly her hair will be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts