One


K is one whole year old. I might internalize this sometime in the next three months and then realize she’s getting close to one and a half and have to start all over again on adjusting. One. Already. Ok. Here we go.
She is walking really well now. Her birthday party was today and she hardly crawled all day, and I was proud, but also  nostalgic, and I kept looking at her thinking “crawl, just a bit, you’re still a baby, still so small” and she did, a little, but this phase is moments from gone. I think I may always be one step behind her, waiting to steady her if she stumbles, amazed by how little she needs help, as metaphorically as it is physically right now. The way I really do walk behind her with my hands out, waiting in air just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts