Before




We had the most perfect Christmas Eve. We woke up to a heavy frost and the promise of snow, so we canceled our plans and stayed home all day listening to Christmas music, wrapping the remaining presents, baking cookies (I iced, K added sprinkles), and watched Elf and Polar Express. Well, also a lot of cleaning and cooking - don’t think I sat down from the time I got up until about 3pm because the house was that trashed and I really wanted it nice for Christmas. My feet felt like they did when I worked retail in college but it was so worth it to have the house all nice.
Just as it started to get dark out, I was looking out the window checking for snow and there was nothing, but I looked a little bit longer and there was one flake, and another - snow! We were all off-the-charts excited and K ran to get her snow boots and was ready to go outside right away so of course we bundled up and went out in the dark to play in the yard. A white Christmas is lovely anywhere but it doesn’t happen a whole lot in the Pacific Northwest and the rarity makes it just that much more magical. All ready for Santa to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts