Little Knits


I’m cheating, these pictures are old (see the little sliver of pumpkin by the cat?) but there are so many things I’m working on that I can’t post because Christmas, and we have been busy with holiday preparations and parties, and with the general life-maintenance of cleaning the messes left in the wake of our delightful 2.5 year old tornado (ok, some a lot of those messes are ours too).
My phone and camera are also both busted and in need of replacement, so the few pictures I would snap in the midst of busy days have been missed too (really need to take care of those replacements – I’m having a big “nice one vs. cheap one” debate on both fronts).
We have been having a lovely December though, and we have big plans for even more fun before Christmas – another trip to the mountains, seeing Christmas lights, cookie baking and decorating, art projects, carousel rides, cozy evenings with family and friends.
I started knitting this sweater for K in October and it’s been finished for a few weeks except that I still need to get buttons. I whipped up a little version for Cat which was very satisfying – took maybe 2 hours? It actually came out a tiny bit too small but good enough. I did not take notes, but it’s more or less a tiny version of the main pattern. My cast on was 17 (3 for each front and sleeve, 5 for the back) and then you just go from there. The leaf lace increases to a max leaf width of 3 stitches with no purl bump before the decrease again. This all makes much more sense if you’ve just finished knitting the regular sized one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts