December

Christmas, Color and White Lights Christmas tree, West Elm, Target

There is no place I would rather be lately than my own Livingroom, and each picture above perfectly illustrates why. We have been so busy this month, and while each event and activity is fun, my favorite part of the holiday season is slowing down, nesting, and spending time as a family.

We got our tree the first weekend of December, but it took me until now to get pictures I’d send to anyone because of the laundry piled up, the toys piled up, the everything piled up, eesh. It’s normal, I wouldn’t hide it or judge it, but I prefer not to publicize it either.

But even with the mundane stuff, this is such a magical time of year. I thought I loved Christmas as a kid, and I did, but wow, Christmas as a mom is at least as magical if in different ways. I am so excited for the gifts carefully selected for K, the traditions we have together, the anticipation and the creativity.

K has been really into gifting this year and I look forward to sharing the things we made together as soon as the gifts have been opened. She is as excited to give her gifts to others as she is to get something in return and I am humbled by that spirit. She has been telling the recipients some little details about their presents for the last few days but while she speaks pretty clearly for a 2yo in her core language, there is still a good amount of newer language I can pretend not to understand when a recipient is saying “she wants to give me the what-a-what?” – shh, don’t spoil the surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts